The Creative Collaborations division partners with organizations across the state to develop programs for youth in often underserved and underrepresented populations.
Creative Collaborations partners with organizations across the state to provide programs that support youth in specialized programs.
It is estimated that up to 40% of youth in foster care have experienced some type of abuse within the system. There is over 600 youth in foster care in the State of Delaware with only 200 foster homes. Our mentoring programs will provide youth in foster care with a consistent, trusted adult that can provide them with a sense of security and guidance.
Sibshops provide young brothers and sisters with peer support and information in a lively, recreational setting.
According to The Annie E. Casey Kids Count Data Center, 22% of Delaware children required special health care needs in 2019/2020.
Special health care needs are defined as emotional, developmental, behavioral issues, or limited abilities requiring more medical, mental health, or educational services than their peers, physical, occupational, or speech therapies or prescription medications. Many programs and services exist to support the children with special needs and their parents. However, siblings are often overlooked; although, clinical research suggests siblings have issues and concerns similar to their parents, as well as their own unique needs.
Sibshops were created to address this need!
Sibshops are for siblings ages 7-15 who have a sibling with a disability.
- Play some great games, have fun, laugh!
- Meet other siblings who “get it”
- Develop self awareness, self management, social awareness, relationship skills and responsible decision making.
- Talk about the good and not so good parts of having a sibling with a disability.
Youth in Foster Care Initiative
It is estimated that up to 40% of youth in foster care have experienced some type of abuse within the system. There is over 600 youth in foster care in the State of Delaware with only 200 foster homes. Our mentoring programs will provide youth in foster care with a consistent, trusted adult that can provide them with a sense of security and guidance.In addition to Sibshops, Creative Collaborations provides mentoring to youth in foster care.
- Reading Initiative – through a partnership with the Jack Carney Family Foundation, youth are provided with reading tutors and mentors with a goal to ensure reading proficiency at or above grade level for all youth by 4th grade.
- Displaced Children Initiative – programs for children that are displaced.
- Incarcerated Parent Initiative – programs for children with a parent or parents that are incarcerated.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (302) 656-2122.